,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-”–”-

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Slacking on the job

Wow, somehow I have lost track of the 4 months since September and my last post. If anyone is reading this anymore, I sincerely apologize. However, not writing any posts has meant new things for my social life; in which case maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Since writing my last blog, I have been to Bergen with my friend Kari, to Oslo to celebrate Thanksgiving with some fellow Americans (and Norwegians), back to Minnesota once more for Christmas and lastly to Munich, Germany for New Years. I've been a busy traveler...which is how it has been and forever will be with me, I'm sure. (I intended to include pictures, though the picture uploader is uber slow right now.)

My 2010 in Norway has been a great one; one of self-discovery, adventures, learning how to be a "yes man" (or woman) and trying to take life day by day, which is quite hard for me. I've found some amazing people here in Kristiansand, when I least expected it and where I least expected it. I've learned the art of judging characters of people and learning from those good and bad experiences. I've learned the importance of a strong, supportive family and friends. I know I couldn't be here, searching for myself, living my life, without them behind me 100% in all I do. And amongst other things, I've learned a bit of patience through living and taking care of kids, and while slowing learning a foreign language; there are times when I feel as though my Norwegian is getting really good, but then there are times when I feel as though I've hit a rut. I have persevered though, and I have broken out of those ruts, slowly but surely.

Overall, 2010 was good to me. I vaguely remember that woman back on Dec. 28, 2009, arriving at the airport in Kristiansand, Norway. I am a new, improved version of that woman and am looking forward to improving on the improved.

Hello 2011, Goodbye 2010; it's been nice knowing you.

Godt Nyttår! (Happy New Year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment